Registered Nerve Conduction Study Technologist (R.NCS.T.)
Examination Eligibility Requirements Effective January 1, 2019 - Eligibility Requirements have changed
In addition to the eligibility requirements listed below it is recommended that the candidate:
- Has received education through an Accredited Neurodiagnostic Technology program and/or have at least six months' experience involving training in both practical applications and theory directly related to Nerve Conduction Studies (NCS).
- Download and study from the AAET Handbook for Candidates
Candidates are required to provide the following supporting documentation with submission of the AAET National Registry Examination for Nerve Conduction Studies. The application will allow for uploading of the necessary files:
- AAET Attestation Statement signed by the supervising physician attesting that the technologist is not performing invasive (needle) examinations and that the physician is responsible for interpreting the data. OR
- A copy of the certificate for the superseding active board certification which allows EMG and interpretation as stated by your state and regional guidelines.
1 year of experience and proof of performance of 100 patient encounters OR 1 year of experience and 30 AAET CEU's. For the purposes of AAET registration, a patient encounter is defined as an individual patient visit. Use this form to submit documentation of patients.
NDT CAAHEP graduate and proof of performance of 100 patient encounters OR NDT CAAHEP graduate and 30 AAET CEU's.
Additional required documentation for all pathways:
- A copy of certification card for Basic Life Support (BLS) for the Healthcare Provider under the American Heart Association.
- Complete and file the application for the AAET National Registry Examination for Nerve Conduction Studies.
- Pay $625 by credit card.
A candidate may sit for the AAET R.NCS.T examination after receiving confirmation of supporting documentation and payment.