Registered Nerve Conduction Study Technologist (R.NCS.T.)
Examination Eligibility Requirements
Effective January 1, 2017- Eligibility Requirements have changed
In addition to the eligibility requirements listed below it is recommended that the candidate:
- has received education through an Accredited Neurodiagnostic Technology program and/or have at least six months’ experience involving training in both practical applications and theory directly related to Nerve Conduction Studies (NCS).
- download and study from the AAET Handbook for Candidates
Candidates are required to provide the following supporting documentation withsubmission of the AAET National Registry Examination for Nerve Conduction Studies. The application will allow for uploading of the necessary files:
1) Proof of performance of 300 patient encounters. For the purposes of AAET registration, a patient encounter is defined as an individual patient visit. Use this form to submit documentation of patients.
2) AAET Attestation Statement signed by the supervising physician attesting that the technologist is not performing invasive (needle) examinations and that the physician is responsible for interpreting the data.
A copy of the certificate for the superseding active board certification which allows EMG and interpretation as stated by your state and regional guidelines.
3) A copy of certification card for Basic Life Support (BLS) for the Healthcare Provider under the American Heart Association.
4) Complete and file the application for the AAET National Registry Examination for Nerve Conduction Studies.
5) Pay $625 by credit card.
A candidate may sit for the AAET R.NCS.T examination after receiving confirmation of supporting documentation and payment.