Code of Ethics
The Code of Ethics of the American Association of Electrodiagnostic Technologists
As a Member of the American Association of Electrodiagnostic Technologists, I subscribe to this Code of Ethics.
1. In my work I will act in a manner so as to merit the respect of my patients, my colleagues, and/or my fellow AAET Members.
2. I will not work outside my scope of practice and will adhere to the state or regulatory guidelines for which I am employed.
3. I will maintain confidentiality as defined by Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) regarding any patient information.
4. I will treat all patients with the utmost respect and courtesy, regardless of their sex, race, creed, or the nature of their presenting disease.
5. I will strive to achieve excellence and maintain competence in my work, and to assist and encourage other technologists to do the same.
I understand that by becoming a R.NCS.T. and/or member of AAET I am bound by this Code of Ethics. I will abide by the rules and regulations as set forth by the Board of Directors of the American Association of Electrodiagnostic Technologists. I understand that my membership may be revoked if I am found to be in violation of this code.